- 1 x 500g block puff pastry
- 1 x 400g jar good quality mincemeat
- 100g of glace cherries, quartered
- 40g flaked almonds, toasted
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 2 tbsp apricot jam (warmed)
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Line 2 large baking trays with two thicknesses of greaseproof paper. Roll the pastry into an oblong shape to about a 3mm thickness.
- Mix the mincemeat, cherries, cinammon & ginger together and spread the mixture over the pastry. Roll pastry up into a swiss roll shape & then cut into slices (about 2cm thick) & place each one onto the tray. You should have approx 18-20 slices. Brush with the warmed jam & sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 200'c / 350'f / gase mark 2. Transfer to a cooling rack & when cool enough to handle place on a serving plate & dust with a little icing sugar.